When can you use a Personal License for a YouTube video?
- If your video is not promoting a service/product/company/organization/association/etc.
- If you are not registered as a company.
- If you are not working on behalf of a company/organization/association/institution or any other third-party.
If you do not intend to monetize your video.
- If the track will be synchronised with only ONE video.
When do you need a Standard License for a YouTube video?
- If you are registered as a company or if you are working on behalf of a company/organization/institution/association (and other so-called legal entities).
- If you intend to monetize the video.
If you are promoting a product and/or service.
- If the track will be used with several videos belonging to ONE single project.
Let us take several examples:
- Private family video without monetization -> Personal
- Professional YouTuber video with monetization -> Standard
- Cat video with monetization -> Standard
- Corporate video or YouTube advertising video -> Standard
- Video game walkthrough without monetization -> Personal
- Video game walkthrough with monetization -> Standard
- Product tutorial -> Standard
- Intro music for each video of a private YouTube channel -> Standard